Payment Methods - PayPal
Allow customers to place an order for pick up in store or ship to home with Paypal.
The minimum order amount will increase adjust the sub total so the order value isn't under a certain threshold.
In this case, the subtotal before taxes and shipping is increased to $2.00, a 'minimum order amount adjustment' line item is added to the order to do so.
In the PayPal settings, you need to enter the PayPal API information.
By default PayPal Standard is set to Authorize & Capture transactions at one time. By checking USE AUTHORIZE ONLY, you are separating the transaction authorization and capture. This means you'll have to manually capture funds for each transaction, but you can also void transactions without incurring some of the transaction fees.
The validate button will allow you to validate your PayPal credentials by making a call to their API. If the fields are highlighted red you have incorrect values, if they are highlighted green you have the correct values.
Create API keys in your PayPal account
- Log into the PayPal developer portal with your PayPal business account credentials: https://developer.paypal.com/
- On the My Apps & Credentials, click Live
- Click on Create App under the REST API apps
- Enter the name of the REST API app - we recommend something easily identifiable such as dakis Website or dakis Checkout
- Once you click on Create App in that screen, your CLIENT ID and SECRET should be visible. These values are what you'll need to copy into the MyDakis setup.
For retailers with a POS Integration, notably Lightspeed retail, enter the equivalent Lightspeed Payment ID, this will ensure that when the shopping cart is sent through to Lightspeed Retail, the appropriate payment mode is associated to it.